Depending on your needs, our protection team can assemble a coverage strategy that protects your car from unforeseen damages and injuries.
From Chevy, Ford, GMC, Chrysler and other American made cars to imports such as Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Volkswagen, Hyundai, Volvo, Audi & BMW, Blackwell’s Orange County Auto Insurance policies can cover all makes and models. Automobiles remain one of the biggest purchases our clients will ever make – and that’s why they come to Blackwell Insurance Agency, an expert source of Orange County Auto insurance.
Give us a call at (949) 421-0222, email, or complete our quick and easy form for a free quote. You’re also welcome to stop by our office in Lake Forest, CA. And remember, combining your Orange County Auto insurance with your Orange County Homeowners policy qualifies you for a multi-policy discount!
We shift gears to cover all makes and models
Depending on your needs, we can assemble coverage that protects your car from unforeseen damages and injuris, with features such as:
Full glass coverage, towing, rental car insurance, and more depending on your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I add my kids to my insurance?
Insurance companies will want to account for all licensed household residents by listing them on the policy as a driver, or by excluding them from coverage.
How do I lower my insurance?
1) Are we bundling all of your policies together? If you only have one line of insurance with us (auto without home or renters, and vice versa) you’re probably paying more than you need to. Putting everything together in one place is a great way to reduce your premium on each policy.
2) If you have any young drivers in the home, they may qualify for a “good student discount” if they have a high school GPA that is 3.0 or better
3) If you’re insuring some of your household vehicles on different policies, you could be paying too much. Having all of your cars together gives you a multicar discount
4) What do you do for a living? Certain occupations like: Police officers, firefighters, teachers and educators, registered nurses, scientists, and those with a four year college degree qualify for certain occupational discounts.
5) Does your home or car have an active alarm? Having one can also reduce the premiums on your policies.
Will my auto insurance cover other drivers?
Most preferred insurance policies operate under the term “Permissive Use” This means those people, that are not directly excluded from your policy and have your implied permission to use your vehicle are covered on your insurance policy.
Typically, if someone is a licensed driver in the home, or has regular access to the vehicles, it is best to list them on the policy. Check with your insurance agent or review your policy to find out the details of your coverage.
Why do I need uninsured motorist coverage, isn’t it a law everyone has insurance?
Often drivers that carry low auto insurance liability limits do not have many assets to protect. So in the event that you or someone in your car is badly injured by another driver and they have inadequate auto insurance liability limits there is nothing to gain by suing the driver.
In that case you can put a claim in under your own insurance policy for uninsured motorist insurance coverage, uninsured motorist insurance coverage is a relatively inexpensive coverage that is extremely important.
How do I know if I am getting a good deal?
1. Find 3-5 independent insurance agencies near you
2. Call and interview them, ask them questions like “what makes you different than the masses?” and “what services and value to you bring to the table”
3. Once you find someone that you are comfortable with, make an appointment, and ask them to provide you with a need analysis and what policies and coverages you need in place.
What is Med Pay? Do I really need it?
Medical payments is a coverage designed to cover the medical expense of individuals within your car. Another interesting fact about medical payments coverage is you do not have to wait for approval from the adjuster. This coverage is meant to be a deterrent to having to get into a full-blown lawsuit, many claims can be put to rest by simply using this coverage.
Can I cancel my insurance policy before it expires?
Does my auto insurance cover a rental car?
Here is where things get tricky. If you’re renting a car from a rental car agency, and that agency is charging you, or the insurance company a daily rate, then you could be on the hook for that daily rate if the car is in the shop being fixed by your insurance policy.
If you’re in a new place, or if you have the rental car for a longer period of time, it’s our suggestion that you purchase the insurance agreement from the rental car agency. This will make sure that the daily charges are paid for by the rental car insurance policy.
When should I file a claim?
Here is what you should do prior to filing your claim.
1) Make sure you’re in a safe location. If you’re involved in an auto accident, do not look to file a claim from the road. If you’re home is damaged, make sure you’ve stopped the threat of further damage. i.e If you’re pipes have burst, make sure the water is turned off and no further water damage can take place.
2) Evaluate the damage and compare it to your deductible. Ask yourself this question, “Is it better to come out of pocket and self insure this damage, rather than filing a claim on my insurance and risking the rates going up for 3-5 years?” Here is a good example of that, if you’re involved in an at fault auto accident, and the damage to your car is $850 to fix, but your deductible is $500, does it make sense to file a claim, or to pay the $350 extra out of pocket and maintain a clean driving record?